Christmas Pudding Pannacotta with orange and brandy sauce
For the orange sauce
- 300 ml double cream
- 200 ml milk
- 3 small leaves gelatine
- 1 teasp black treacle
- 60 g dark brown sugar
- 125 g mixed fruit
- 2 tbs brandy
- ½ teasp cinnamon
- ½ teasp nutmeg
- ½ teasp mixed spice
- Grated zest of orange
- 3 teasp cornflour
- 50 g sugar
- 250 ml orange juice
• Put the fruit and the brandy in a food processor and whiz.
• Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft…a few minutes.
• Bring the cream, milk, spices, treacle and sugar to the boil and add the softened gelatine, stir well to melt, then add the soaked fruit, orange zest. Stir well.
• Pour into the dishes or ramekins and leave to set slightly while you make the sauce below.
• Combine all the ingredients and bring to the boil.
• Adjust the consistency if necessary by adding more orange juice.
• Add the brandy and leave to cool before drizzling it over the nearly set pannacotta. Leave overnight.